Cabling standards are used nationally/internationally and are largely guided by the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) and Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI). Entinu Communications’ cabling standards meet or exceed TIA and BICSI standards.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION (TIA)
- The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to develop voluntary, consensus-based industry standards for a wide variety of ICT products, and currently represents nearly 400 companies.
- TIA’s Standards and Technology Department operates twelve engineering committees, which develop guidelines for private radio equipment, cellular towers, data terminals, satellites, telephone terminal equipment, accessibility, VoIP devices, structured cabling, data centers, mobile device communications, multimedia multicast, vehicular telematics, healthcare ICT, machine-to-machine communications, and smart utility networks.
Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) is a professional association supporting the information technology systems (ITS) industry.
ITS covers the spectrum of voice, data, electronic safety & security, and audio & video technologies.
It encompasses the design, integration and installation of pathways, spaces, fiber- and copper-based distribution systems, wireless-based systems and infrastructure that supports the transportation of information and associated signaling between and among communications and information gathering devices.
What is BICSI’s Mission?
BICSI’s Mission is to:
- Lead the information technology systems industry with excellence in publications, education and knowledge assessment.
- Advance members’ ability to deliver the highest quality products and services.
- Provide members with opportunities for continual improvement and enhanced professional stature.